Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fun Color Options

Here are a few things I have been making the last couple weeks. Trying to catch up on birthdays. Somtimes birthday sneak up  on you all at once. I  can't  wait to see these on my grandsons. One has his already. They are all from Peekaboo Pattern shop.   I just love peek a boo's Maui Muscle Tee http://www.peekaboopatternshop.com/maui-muscle-tee/#aid=1581. It has a solid option  and color block option. Great for those little pieces that just might help complete a project. I have made five of them already.  Next I have been making Castaway Cargo Shorts and modifying them slightly.

 These are the first two Maui Muscle Tee's I made. 





one grandson modeling his size 18 mo. Maui Muscle Tee taken by his mom.



For the Castaway Cargos  http://www.peekaboopatternshop.com/castaway-cargos/#aid=1581 shown below  I made a woven waist band instead of a knit waistband thats called for in the pattern by using the measurement around the top of the shorts and then for  the pockets I left off the flap and added a colored trim band on the pocket and hem. I think it turned out cute!. Since I didn't have any matching Ribbing I used self fabric for the Maui Muscle Tee shown below. I added about 3/4" to the armhole and neckband pieces before I cut them out. I hope they go over my grandson's head :) Fabrics for shorts are from Joannes and For the Maui Muscle Tee I used a remnant blue I had that match the blue in the shorts and brown fabric I had from Chez Ami.



As you tell I love to do alot of contrasting to make them unique and colorful. Again I added a woven waistband instead of the knit waistband on the shorts and added trim on the slant front pockets to match the waistband, Added a button to lower pocket and left the pocket flap off. Fabrics for these two outfits were purchased at Joannes. Shirt can be found at http://www.peekaboopatternshop.com/classic-oxford-button-up/#aid=1581 and shorts link is with the previous picture.


Well this sums up my blogging for today. I  hope you enjoyed you visit! come visit again soon! 



No comments: