Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Its a minky and cotton owl duet



I thought I would show you what I have been working on. I have been making a few baby things which have included a receiving blanket made out of blue minky and an owl flannel print from Joannes fabric store and this adorable owlie stuffed toy (from GG designs) at http://www.ggdesignsembroidery.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=108 and a owl zip bag (from garden embroidery) at
http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=663. I think they turned out so cute ! 
The stuff toy is made out of minky and the wings are the flannel, and owl zip bag is made out of batik cotton with wings are also flannel, both are done in the hoop except for whip stitching the toy closed. They were so much fun to make!


recieving blanket , stuff toy, and zipped bag

I made a bib for Nolan to match his cousins bib. Each have their own initial  using the spunky alphabet applique designs by lynnie pinnie.com . I really like how the applique initials turned out. The top part of each bib is made out of the flannel and bottom made out of a towel I bought from walmart. The Free pattern is from a boutique style bib tutorial

without pocket

with pocket that I added


Thank you for stopping by. come again as I will be updating the page as time goes by. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the owl fabric!!!

AprilP said...

Very cute set!