Sunday, February 5, 2012

placemat project




Well the place mat gift is on its way to my sister.  Now to get started with my grandaughters gift  which I will be using that ola la la print I posted about.



Well I finally finished the place mats. The project can be found in Feb/March issue of The Quilter Magazine page 76. I have always been hesitant about doing projects with binding, but I thought I  would give it another shot. This is only my second complete quilting project with a binding. the first project was my grandsons crib quilt. I used the accuquilt go die for making the heart shape and purchase the embroidery design shape that goes around heart applique from http://shop.b-quilts.com/. 
yes I did have fun making it.

place mat (2nd quilting project)

heart applique



first quilting project completed 7 months ago.
I used the accuquilt go 4 1/2 " die , 4 1/2 "triangles die, 4 1/2 strip cutter die. 2 1/2 strip cutter die to make the borders and friendship star in the quilt. I loved how it came together. I base the crib quilt on the accuquilt website pattern go spot go  http://www.accuquilt.com/patterns/go-free-patterns/go-spogo-quilt-free.html  originally I was going to make the go spot go pattern, but realize it was going to be to big for the crib.





Friendship star block in quilt



2 comments:

Christine said...

It turned out beautifully!

LisaPerry said...

It is so beautifull!!!!